Welcome to Rider Academy brought to you by KTM Cape Town.
We are offering a range of courses for Adventure Bikes from beginner to advanced with KTM Cape Town Rider Academy lead instructor Greg Miller.
We will be offering individual and group courses (Max of 6 riders)
Introduction to Offroad Riding:
- Bike Setup
- Rider Position
- Clutch and Throttle Control
- Emergency Braking
- Picking up your bike.
- Bike awareness and basic maintenance
- Steep Inclines and descents
- Recovering your bike on a steep incline
- Introduction to sand
- Approaching and crossing obstacles
Advanced Offroad Riding:
- Water crossings
- Crossing bigger obstacles – Watch out Chris Birch!
- Your worst nightmare! Thick Sand
- Take off! Jumping your motorcycle.
The final advanced outride will cover all aspects of the completed courses on an challenging 2 day adventure ride, with your instructor, who will be able to refresh and advise students in actual riding situations!
1090, 1190, 1290 Orientation:
- Introduction to the advanced electronics of the KTM1190 and KTM1190R
Rally & Navigation Training:
- Roadbook Training
- Rally Training